Why leave a legacy gift to SERVE?
SERVE works towards the strategic goal of reducing vulnerability and improving livelihood security for the most vulnerable of those living in the majority world. All contributions are critical in maintaining the continuation of our work.
SERVE uses its own funding, including money fundraised by volunteers in communities throughout Ireland, as “seed capital” to get matching funds from donors, so as to support the excellent development work being undertaken by SERVE’s partners in the majority world. SERVE have strong funding relationships with a number of donors including Irish Aid, Misean Cara and Electric Aid.
Making a will is a once-off opportunity to leave a lasting impact after you depart this world. Leaving a gift to SERVE is one way to ensure some of the lives of the world’s most vulnerable improve because of your generosity.
Step by Step guide to include a legacy gift in your will:
Making a will should not be expensive and, contrary to popular belief, it is quite straightforward. The following steps will help you along:
- Step 1: Find a solicitor – If you don’t already use one, friends or family can often advise you on selecting one
- Step 2: Make a list of all your assets and their approximate value, i.e. property, car, savings, insurance policies etc
- Step 3: Make a list of all your liabilities, i.e. mortgage, other loans, overdraft, credit cards etc
- Step 4: Consider who you would like to look after your affairs (your executors) and ensure that the people you select would be willing to act in that role
- Step 5: Consider how you would like your assets divided. Bear in mind your obligations to the people who are close to you
- Step 6: Visit your solicitor to discuss your plans and for the solicitor to prepare your will. He/She should advise you in terms of the tax implications of leaving legacies to family, friends or charities
- Step 7: Finally, if you choose to do so, don’t forget to ask your solicitor to include SERVE in your Will
If you would like to remember SERVE in your last will and testament and need further assistance, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.